A 20-year-old woman gave birth at the main gate of a primary health centre of Budhana town in the district after she was allegedly refused admittance.
The incident occurred on Tuesday when Gulshan was brought to the health centre after complaining of labour pain but the staff allegedly refused to admit her saying it was a complex case and asked her to go to the district hospital, family members of the woman alleged.
- UN: Teenage girl alleges sex abuse by peacekeeper in CAR
- Video: Woman cop assaults female bus conductor in Telangana
- ‘Denied’ admission, woman gives birth outside Gonda govt hospital
- Dog eats away parts of woman's body in UP hospital morgue
- Woman nose slit off as she refuses to work as bonded labour
- Woman gives birth in jeep as hospital refuses admission
She then gave birth at the gate of the health centre, they said.
Following protest by her family, demanding strict action against the health centre workers, she was provided treatment.
In-charge of the health centre, Mahesh Chand said an inquiry has been ordered into the incident and added that strict action would be taken against those found guilty.