A 20-year-old woman gave birth at the main gate of a primary health centre of Budhana town in the district after she was allegedly refused admittance.
The incident occurred on Tuesday when Gulshan was brought to the health centre after complaining of labour pain but the staff allegedly refused to admit her saying it was a complex case and asked her to go to the district hospital, family members of the woman alleged.
- Aruna Asaf Ali hospital to face medical negligence inquiry
- Kargil widow dies, son says hospital wanted Aadhaar card to start treatment
- Four newborns die in 12 hours in Bijnor: District administration orders inquiry after parents allege ‘medical negligence’
- At MP health centre, women made to lie down on carpet after surgical sterilisation
- ‘Denied’ admission, woman gives birth outside Gonda govt hospital
- Woman gives birth in jeep as hospital refuses admission
She then gave birth at the gate of the health centre, they said.
Following protest by her family, demanding strict action against the health centre workers, she was provided treatment.
In-charge of the health centre, Mahesh Chand said an inquiry has been ordered into the incident and added that strict action would be taken against those found guilty.