JUST five months after the Muzaffarnagar communal riots, three persons have been killed in caste violence in Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh.
According to reports, clashes broke out on Tuesday after a group of youths belonging to the Thakur community tried to rape a Jatav (Dalit) minor girl here. While the girl managed to escape and her relatives beat up the youths, rumours that she was raped spread in the village. The Jatavs assembled in large numbers and clashed with the Thakurs.
Two Thakurs and one Jatav were killed while six were injured in the violence which lasted for over an hour.
“We have arrested two members each from the two groups. Police and PAC personnel have been deployed in the village. A case under the SC/ ST Act and a case of eve-teasing have been registered,” said Lakshmi Singh, Bulandshahr SSP. “The in-charge of the police outpost, Devendra Singh Chauhan, has been suspended for not acting on the complaints of Jatavs,” she said.
“We have lodged several complaints with the police about the Thakurs’ violent behaviour but no action has been taken,” said a Jatav.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016