A Border Security Force constable attached with the 63rd battalion, currently posted near Lunglei in southern Mizoram, shot himself to death with his gun, police said Monday.
The deceased has been identified as Sachin K Sharma (25) from Bhatola village in Uttar Pradesh’s Bhulansar district.
Police said Sharma was on duty when he shot himself with his Insas rifle around 12.20 am on Monday.
“Sharma had gone home on leave a month and a half ago. He came back and was currently waiting for another 60-days leave he applied for on grounds that there were domestic problems back home,” said a police officer, adding a case of unnatrual death has been registered.
Sharma’s body has been sent for post-mortem and police have also collected his gun, the bullet and blood samples and sent them to the forensics laboratory in Aizawl.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He did not leave a suicide note, but police have seized his cellphone to look for clues.