A Border Security Force constable attached with the 63rd battalion, currently posted near Lunglei in southern Mizoram, shot himself to death with his gun, police said Monday.
The deceased has been identified as Sachin K Sharma (25) from Bhatola village in Uttar Pradesh’s Bhulansar district.
Police said Sharma was on duty when he shot himself with his Insas rifle around 12.20 am on Monday.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Sharma had gone home on leave a month and a half ago. He came back and was currently waiting for another 60-days leave he applied for on grounds that there were domestic problems back home,” said a police officer, adding a case of unnatrual death has been registered.
Sharma’s body has been sent for post-mortem and police have also collected his gun, the bullet and blood samples and sent them to the forensics laboratory in Aizawl.
He did not leave a suicide note, but police have seized his cellphone to look for clues.