Bankey- the oldest rhino at the Dudhwa National Park here who fathered most of the Park’s rhino population- has died. 50-year-old Bankey died at the Rhino Rehabilitation Park at Dudhwa yesterday.
He was one of the five rhinos who was brought to Dudhwa in 1984 from Assam under the ambitious rhino relocation programme. Among the 32 rhinos in Dudhwa at present, most rhinos are offsprings of Bankey.
“The founder member of rhino family, Bankey, was found dead in RRA on Wednesday,” Deputy Director Dudhwa, Mahavir Kaujlagi said.
Old-age related problems were the cause of his death, he said. Bankey’s postmortem was carried out today by a team of three veterinary doctors.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More