Trolled for attending Christmas charity event, Amruta Fadnavis says it was a ‘good cause’

Several users slammed her for promoting a charity linked to Christmas, while others accused her of “spreading Christianity”.

By: Express News Service | Mumbai | Published: December 13, 2017 7:14 am
Amruta Fadnavis trolled Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis along with wife Amruta (Express Photo/Prashant Nadkar/File)

Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis’s wife Amruta Fadnavis, who attended a Christmas charity event in Mumbai Monday, was trolled on Twitter after she tweeted a photograph from the event.

“launched-Be Santa-campaign, as Ambassador for @927BIGFM – to collect gifts from people -for poor children ,to bring smiles to their faces during this Christmas.Drop ur gifts at nearest @927BIGFM & Feel the joy -as best way to multiply your happiness is by sharing it with others,” she tweeted Monday.

In her response, Amruta posted: “I’m a proud Hindu & like many, I celebrate every festival in my country & that is an individual choice.. We represent the true spirit of our country . and that doesn’t dilute our love towards our country , religion & humanity. In my capacity as a Proud Hindu Citizen, I will always try to unite & bring in harmony wherever I can. But just wish to remind you that empathetic journalists & journalism should not ignite the fire of religious differences .Ican’t stop a serene action bcoz of some wrong deeds!”

Speaking to The Indian Express Tuesday, Amruta said, “I genuinely thought that was a good cause to associate with. What mattered to me was the smiles on the faces of these poor children but the whole thing was showcased in absolutely negative light.”

1. Sathya Kumar
    Dec 13, 2017 at 10:56 am
    Do you want to donate your k1dney? We are here to help you with good cash to do anything you wish, Contact us if you are interested in donating your k1dney. Contact (kellyspecialisthome ) or call us on Whatsapp Number 917-507-435-483
    (0)(6)
      Suresh
      Dec 13, 2017 at 10:30 am
      The "proud"lady should inform how many such programmes has she parti ted on the eve of Diwali, Ganesh Chaturthi, Holi and other Hindu festivals. Christian "charities' are rich organisations due to imported money and all their activities are not without purpose.
      (5)(78)
      1. Satinder Bolarya
        Dec 13, 2017 at 9:01 am
        And also the EIDS
        (5)(62)
        1. Satinder Bolarya
          Dec 13, 2017 at 2:21 pm
          I meant I also celebrate BOTH the EIDS ...Along with the Festivals listed in my previous comment below i.e BAISAKHI,HOLI,EASTER, DUSSEHRA,DIWALI, CHRISTMAS. "CELEBRATION" for us is sharing of food /gifts ...as per the demand of the occasion.. SO WHAT..?? THIS is our way to HONOR the MULTI DIVERSITY of our GREAT NATION... Have been doing for a LONG,LONG Time...
          (3)(0)
        2. Satinder Bolarya
          Dec 13, 2017 at 8:37 am
          Seeds of hatred will always sprout into Bigoted Weeds..! ALL Festivals of India are MY Festivals...! Holi, Easter, Baisakhi, Dussehra ,Diwali, Christmas..being My Favourite...SO WHAT..??
          (44)(0)
            KND
            Dec 13, 2017 at 8:09 am
            good job mam !! these useless trolls needs to be re-trolled...
            (29)(3)