The Bihar Legislative Council today witnessed uproarious scenes, which forced the Chairman to adjourn it till tomorrow after passing three amendment bills. This was the third consecutive day when the Upper House of the Assembly could not transact any business except passing important and necessary legislations amid the din. The three bills that got the nod of the House were the Bihar Motor Vehicle Taxation (Amendment) Bill, 2016, the Aryabhatt Knowledge University (Amendment) Bill, 2016 and the Bihar State University (Amendment) Bill, 2016. They were tabled by state education minister Ashok Choudhary.
Watch What Else Is Making News
As the House assembled for the post-lunch session and BJP member Rajnish Kumar drew Chairman Awwdhesh Narain Singh’s attention toward his adjournment motion on prevailing law and order situation in the state, RJD members rushed to the Well shouting anti-Narendra Modi slogans.
Members of RJD, Congress and JD(U) also trooped into the Well seeking an apology from senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi for the party’s “uncharitable” remarks against Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and her RJD counterpart Lalu Prasad, describing them as “dalals” (agents) of black money on November 28.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
BJP members led by Mangal Pandey also started shouting slogans.
Besides, Pandey also raised the issue of deteriorating law and order situation in the state and alleged that murder and rape have become common even as the Chief Minister’s home district has not been left untouched with these crimes.
With RJD members in the Well shouting slogans, senior party leader and former chief minister Rabri Devi said the House would not be allowed to function unless Sushil Kumar Modi offers an apology for his party.
Amid sloganeering from both sides, the House got the three bills passed by voice vote after which the Chairman adjourned the House till tomorrow.