As many as 112 villages were electrified across the country last week, taking the total tally to 7,766, the government said today.
“112 villages have been electrified across the country during last week (from 9th to 15th May 2016) under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojna (DDUGJY),” the Power Ministry said in a statement.
Out of these electrified villages, two belong to Arunachal Pradesh, 42 in Assam, 24 in Jharkhand, 16 in Madhya Pradesh, 11 in Bihar, 6 in Chhattisgarh, 3 in Himachal Pradesh, 3 in Rajasthan, 2 in Odisha, 2 in Uttar Pradesh and 1 in Manipur.
- Independence Day speech: PM Modi highlights progress on curbing black money, tax evasion, shell cos
- Govt electrifies over 13,000 villages out of 18,452
- All villages electrified, but darkness pervades
- Modi govt meets target of electrifying 7,000 villages
- Governement hopeful of energising unelectrified villages by 2017-end
- About 25% of 18 thousand unelectrified villages get power since August
“7,766 villages have been electrified till date,” the statement said.
In view of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s address to the nation on the Independence Day, the government has decided to electrify the remaining 18,452 unelectrified villages within 1,000 days i.e. by May 1, 2018.