RSS activist murder: CPM, BJP shake hands to prevent violence, all-party meet on August 6

Condemning the attacks on the houses of party members from both sides, Pinarayi Vijayan urged parties to be "more vigilant" and ask "workers to keep away from attacks".

By: Express Web Desk | New Delhi | Updated: July 31, 2017 2:14 pm
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan. Express Photo/Tashi Tobgyal

Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan called for an all-party meeting on August 6 in Thiruvananthapuram to discuss the series of violent incidents involving members of BJP-RSS and CPI-M workers. Speaking to reporters after holding a meeting with the BJP and RSS leaders, Vijayan said peace meetings would be held in Thiruvananthapuram, Kottayam and Kannur.

“After the recent incident, it was decided that meeting between leaders of all political parties be held and it will be done district wise,” he said.

IeMalayalam reports that it was decided at the meeting to ensure that violence is not repeated with clear instructions to all party workers on both sides not to engage in any violence.

Meanwhile, a video that is going viral shows the CM asking journalists to leave the room where the meeting was supposed to take place. A visbily unhappy CM is seen asking the journalists to come out of the room. The CM and Home Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan are seen waiting for the journalists to troop out of the room.

Watch video: Pinarayi Vijayan loses cool

Vijayan held the meeting with state BJP chief Kummanam Rajashekharan, BJP’s lone MLA and senior leader O Rajagopal and RSS leader P Gopalankutty. CPI(M) state secretary Kodiyeri Balakrishnan is also at the meeting.

On July 29, an RSS functionary, Rajesh, was hacked to death by suspected members of the CPI(M), a claim denied by the party. Police have so far arrested seven person in connection with the case, including the main accused Manikandan, a history-sheeter. They claimed a personal dispute between Rajesh and the accused resulted in his murder.

Union Minister Rajnath Singh spoke to Vijayan over phone on Sunday and expressed concern over the attacks. Political violence is not acceptable in in a democracy, he said. Last week, Kerala Governor P Sathasivam had summoned the chief minister and DGP Loknath Behara over the string of violent incidents. Vijayan assured the Governor he will be meeting RSS and BJP leaders.

Papu
    Aug 1, 2017 at 3:51 am
    Kerala has become Gujarat of 2002 after BJP desperately trying to get at least one MP seat after winning only one seat in Assembly elections after sacrificing 315 of its member in political rivalry with CPM etc. CPM too lost almost equal members in this Political gang war with BJP.
    (0)(0)
      Sankar Iyer
      Jul 31, 2017 at 10:43 pm
      People of Kerala take pride in calling their land “GOD'S OWN COUNTRY. Now under Communist rule it has become DOG'S OWN COUNTRY. Congratulations to our secular Sakhavs (Comrades)
      (0)(0)
      1. Elsa Coleman
        Jul 31, 2017 at 7:08 pm
        I buy almost everything except food and clothing from online auctions most people aren’t aware of the almost I unbelievable deals that they can get from online auction sites the site that has the best deals is >>► W w w.saveslam.C0M I checked with the BBB and was told that it is all legit. How they can sell gift cards, laptops, cameras, and all kinds of goodies that we all want for 50-90 off, I don’t know I do know that I bought my son an ipad there for less than $100 and my husband a $250 Low gift cards for $48. Why would I even think about shopping anyþlace else ? ✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒............
        (0)(0)
        1. Elsa Coleman
          Jul 31, 2017 at 7:07 pm
          I buy almost everything except food and clothing from online auctions most people aren’t aware of the almost I unbelievable deals that they can get from online auction sites the site that has the best deals is >>> saveslam I checked with the BBB and was told that it is all legit. How they can sell gift cards, laptops, cameras, and all kinds of goodies that we all want for 50-90 off, I don’t know I do know that I bought my son an ipad there for less than $100 and my husband a $250 Low gift cards for $48. Why would I even think about shopping anyþlace else? ....................................................................................................................................................
          (0)(0)
            Michelle:Vedic:human
            Jul 31, 2017 at 6:24 pm
            The person behind this murder of RSS should be burnt alive,---MULLASS and VETI-cu-n-t-S should be st-R-I-p-pp-ed n-a-K-ed and paraded in public,-----one should not forget that maximum number of human beings killed in this entire world are from this cult erupting from Middle East desert which only got civilised 1400 yrs and 2000yrs ago,---these MULLASS and VETI-C-U-N-TS are not natives of Kerala and those converts are decendants of Hindus,----they should get this message clear as crystal in their FKN thick head,---Jai hind
            (0)(0)