RBI to introduce new Re 1 currency note: Here are the details

The new one rupee currency note will have an overall colour scheme of pink and green, in combination with other colours.

By: Express Web Desk | New Delhi | Updated: May 30, 2017 8:48 pm
RBI, RBI new one rupee note, one rupee note, Rs 1 currency note The Reserve Bank of India (File Photo)

The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will soon introduce currency notes of one rupee denomination, the central bank confirmed in a press release on Tuesday. The notes, which have already been printed by the Government of India, are legal tender under the Coinage Act, 2011. The existing currency notes in this denomination in circulation will also continue to be legal tender, the RBI stated.

The new note will have an overall colour scheme of pink and green on the obverse and reverse, in combination with other colours. The note will have the bilingual signature of Shaktikanta Das, Secretary, Ministry of Finance. It will contain the words ‘Government of India’ and ‘भारत सरकार’  and have the replica of the new one rupee coin with the ‘₹’ symbol of 2017.  ‘सत्‍यमेव जयते’, the words printed on all of India’s currency notes, will be featured as well.

The surrounding design of the note consists of a picture of ‘Sagar Samrat’, the oil exploration platform in Maharashtra. An inset letter in capitals, ‘L’ will also be printed on the note. Apart from this, the Ashoka Pillar, a hidden number ‘1’ and the hidden word ‘भारत’ will be printed on the note.

Following demonetisation, which was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi last year in November, the RBI has released two other currency notes of the Rs 500 and Rs 2,000 denominations. Both were introduced to curb the circulation of fake currency. Apart from this, the central bank withdrew Rs 1,000 notes and the older version of the Rs 500 note from circulation.

The Rs 2,000 note has a picture of Mangalyan, which is the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Mars Orbiter Mission. It also has a Swachh Bharat logo with the slogan. The Rs 500 currency note has the image of Red Fort printed on it.

The new Rs 1000 currency note introduced after demonetisation. (File Photo) The new Rs 500 currency note introduced after demonetisation. (File Photo)

For the Rs 500 note, there’s a circle with the denomination printed on it, and five bleed lines on left and right in raised print. This is for the visually challenged to identify the note. Similarly, the Rs 1,000 note has a horizontal rectangle with Rs 2000 in raised print on the right and seven angular bleed lines on left and right side in raised print.

Myriam Boyer
    Jun 3, 2017 at 12:19 am
    What is your problem? As i woman are you unable to get pregnant and you want to be pregnant? Do you need your ex, husband/wife back? are you infected with any disease? I want you to be informed that there is hope. There is a great man called Great Baba who can solve all your problems for you. He helped me a lot. I almost gave up until my friend advised me and introduced me to this great man whom she met on the internet. I told and explained everything to him and he ured me that he will help me and that i should not worry too much. I believed him and i did all that he asked me to do which i did and it work perfectly and my husband was able to impregnate me. I am so happy and excited now. Great baba opened my womb to be able to get pregnant with his powerful herbal medicine and cure. This is not brain washing contact great baba now on his email: Highersolutiontemple@yahoo AND YOU CAN ALSO CHECK HIM ON: Greatbabaofsolution. Highersolutiontemple.
      Myriam Boyer
      Jun 3, 2017 at 12:07 am
        Myriam Boyer
        Jun 3, 2017 at 12:00 am
          Rajendranath
          May 31, 2017 at 9:17 pm
          Please take care of denomination while showing such news. There is no RS,1000 denomination note till now.
            K.V.Mahadevan
            May 31, 2017 at 10:05 am
            One rupee is just currency. These are not notes. The currency is issued by the govt of India andnotes are issued by the Reserve Bank of India
              Manish
              May 31, 2017 at 9:54 am
              s: /uoHwEIr1WLc Check Design and Security Features of new one rupee note .
              1. V
                V V Ramana
                May 31, 2017 at 9:37 am
                Under the new currency note Rs. 2000, placed the picture discription as Rs. 1000.
                1. B