Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday accused Congress of playing politics on the Telangana statehood issue by wooing both TRS and YSR Congress for electoral alliance in view of the Lok Sabha polls.
Naidu began an indefinite hunger-strike in the national capital to protest against the Union Cabinet’s decision regarding the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
“I am asking is it the way of doing politics at the cost of society. You are doing this type of dirty politics,that is what is happening today,” he said slamming the Congress.
On October 3,the Union Cabinet had decided to go ahead with the process for the creation of a separate Telangana state carved out from Andhra Pradesh.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Accusing the Congress and the central government of not holding discussions and taking the decision “arbitrarily” to bifurcate the state,he said the Seemandhra region has plunged into chaos and people are starting to lose confidence in the political system.
‘Cong treating Andhra as internal matter’
“They (Congress party) are treating Andhra Pradesh issue as the internal affair of the party. They are interested in politics,not governance or state or people. They are saying everything in terms of politics. Things are becoming worse day by day,” Naidu told reporters here.
Naidu also alleged that several Congress ministers have indicated an alliance with YSR Congress. “YSR Congress will win seats in Seemandhra. It will also support the Congress after polls,” he added.
He also accused Congress of releasing Jaganmohan Reddy so that he joined hands with them.
He said the intention of the Congress party had become clear right on the day of announcing the split of the state after the CWC meeting when they said that TRS party is going to merge with them.
Naidu,who visited Rajghat to pay tributes to Mahatma Gandhi before launching his fast,contended that Congress wanted to win votes in both Telangana and Seemandhra regions with the support of TRS and YSR Congress party of Jaganmohan Reddy.
Naidu said people in the Seemandhra region are protesting for over 70 days ever since the announcement about the split.
TDP has decided to write to the leaders of all parties on the statehood issue and expose the alleged ‘nefarious politics’ of the Congress.
Naidu,whom observers say is now fighting a political battle for survival in the state of which he was once chief minister,has also accused Congress of entering into an ‘arrangement’ with TRS and YSR Congress vis-a-vis the bifurcation decision.
After addressing a press conference,the TDP chief formally began his fast at Andhra Bhavan here.
Naidu did not give a categorically reply as to whether he was for Telangana or united Andhra Pradesh saying it is the “gameplan” of Congress to rake up a “controversy” and that all three — Congress,YSR Congress and TRS — have joined hands to defeat TDP after his party came out with a good show in recent local body polls.
“I am for Telugu people. We are very clear. My statement is very clear. They have to do justice…. No you cannot ask that. We have to do justice for both areas,discuss with people of both areas,resolve the problem amicably. If there is a new government,we will resolve it within six months.
“They should have at least called the Joint Action Committees of both areas,talked to them,sorted it out. You cannot not hit the people below the belt. There is a procedure. They had similarly bungled in Punjab,Assam and Jammu Kashmir,” Naidu said in response to a volley of questions on the issue.
The TDP Chief appealed to the national parties and national leaders to support his agitation.
(With PTI inputs)