The Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) leaders on Sunday urged Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj to help in early formation of separate Telangana.
“BJP has played its role in separate Telangana being realised. We requested her (Sushma Swaraj) that BJP show some initiative in implementation (of Congress’ announcement) as well. She responded positively. She agreed that Telangana state should be formed as early as possible. She said she would help in this regard,” JAC chairman M Kodandaram told reporters here.
BJP,which has been in the forefront of the separate Telangana struggle,is a constituent of the JAC. TRS and people’s organisations like pro-Telangana unions of Andhra Pradesh government employees are other members of the JAC.
Addressing a pro-Telangana public meeting organised by BJP at Mahabubnagar near here on Saturday,Sushma set December as the deadline for Congress to get the Bill to carve out the separate state passed in Parliament or face the consequences.
“Development could be immediately kick-started in Telangana if the Bill for creation of the new state is passed in winter session…Congress would be “exposed” if it is not done,” Swaraj said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More