In what is suspected to be the first-ever terror attack in Patna,six people were killed and 90 injured when eight serial blasts targeted Narendra Modi’s rally in the state capital’s Gandhi Maidan on Sunday.
While six of the blasts occured around the rally venue,two bombs went off within 150 metres of the platform from where Modi delivered his speech.
Here are top developments related to the Patna serial blasts
# Jharkhand Police revealed that preliminary evidence suggested that serial blasts in Patna have Indian Mujahideen link. The Jharkhand police also pointed out that there are similarities between Patna and Bodh Gaya blasts indicating connection between the two attacks.
# Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday said that there was gross intelligence failure and security lapse at the venue of Narendra Modi’s rally in Patna.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha,Sushma Swaraj tweeted: “I strongly condemn serial bomb blasts on the occasion of BJP rally in Patna. This is gross intelligence failure.”
Meanwhile,BJP President Rajnath Singh also said,”…Security lapse was there,there cannot be any doubt about that. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar spoke to me yesterday,expressed his sadness and said investigation is going on and assured me that within one or two days he will collect all information.
# National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Monday sought custody of Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal in connection with Patna serial blasts.
# Three persons detained in Ranchi in connection with the Patna serial bomb blasts have been released after interrogation
# The death toll in the Patna serial blasts climbed to six with another person,believed to be second suspect,reportedly succumbed to his injuries on Monday. Reports said,that the man,who was attempting to plant the bomb,had got critically injured as the bomb went off. He had been in ICU.
# Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has issued a fresh advisory to all states to be alert ahead of festive season in the wake of Patna serial blasts,reports said.
# Three more suspects were detained on late Sunday night by Jharkhand Police during a raid in Ranchi in connection with the serial blasts. “Based on the tip-off by Bihar police,we raided a place at Dhurva (area of the city) and detained three suspects. They are being interrogated,” a senior police officer said here.
# According to reports,the Bihar police has claimed that India Mujahideen was behind the eight serial blasts in Patna as they named IM operative Tahseen Akhtar alias Monu as the mastermind of the attacks. Going by the sources,Akhtar,who belongs to Samastipur in Bihar,has motivated and set up several modules in Bihar. He is also suspected to have supplied explosives with the help of IM commander Riyaz Bhatkal.
# One of the persons arrested for the blasts,Mohammed Imtiaz from Ranchi,is said to have links with Tahseen Akhtar alias Monu. Imtiaz was arrested while allegedly trying to flee the spot.
# Bihar Police said a module of eight had been tasked to carry out the explosions,and that the low-intensity IEDs were assembled in a toilet of the Patna Railway Station by two persons.
Patna SSP Manu Maharaj claimed that the people they had confessed that their motive was to create panic near the rally.
# Jharkhand Police conducted raids at different places in Jharkhand after it was found that many of the accused in Patna serial bomb blasts hail from the state and black powder was recovered during raids here. Additional Director General of Police (Law & Order) S N Pradhan said the accused named by Bihar police hail from Jharkhand.
# The raids led to the seizure of a pressure cooker,extremist literature,explosives and other materials used to make IEDs (Improvised Explosive Device),” Jharkhand police said.