One of the suspected terrorists arrested in connection with the Patna blasts,identified as Imtiaz Ansari belongs to the newly formed ‘Ranchi Module’ of the Indian Mujahideen (IM),Jharkhand ADG (law & order) S N Pradhan said on Monday.
Pradhan said interrogations during raids at Dhurva last night it had emerged that Imtiaz,his nephew Tophek,Tariq Ansari and Noman Ansari had gone to Patna on Saturday and two others had joined them on way.
The four had,however,told the people of their locality that they were going to Kolkata but left for Patna on Saturday.
Tariq died while allegedly handling explosives yesterday and Noman and Tophek were absconding,while Imtiaz was arrested after the blasts in Patna.
He said the interrogations also revealed that Imtiaz had alleged contacts with Tahseen Akhtar,an alleged close aide of arrested IM’s top operative Yaseen Bhhatkal.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Pradhan said the conspiracy on the blasts could have been hatched anywhere.
The Ranchi Module has been set up recently, he said,adding,the police also suspect that the same module might have been behind the Bodhgaya blast as explosive materials found in Patna blasts were similar to it.
The ADG said a National Investigation agency team had arrived in Ranchi on Monday to investigate links of the newly set up Ranchi Module of IM and further investigations are on.
Earlier in the day,three persons detained in Ranchi on Sunday,in connection with the Patna serial bomb blasts,were released after interrogation.
Raids were carried out soon after Bihar Police tipped-off their counterparts here that some accused in Patna blasts hailed from the state,police said,adding,black powder,materials used to make IEDs,pressure cooker and extremist literature were seized during it.
Six persons were killed and 83 injured in seven low intensity serial blasts in Patna of which six bombs went off in and around the venue of Narendra Modi’s mega rally at Gandhi Maidan shortly before his address to a huge gathering on Sunday.