One of the suspected terrorists arrested in connection with the Patna blasts,identified as Imtiaz Ansari belongs to the newly formed ‘Ranchi Module’ of the Indian Mujahideen (IM),Jharkhand ADG (law & order) S N Pradhan said on Monday.
Pradhan said interrogations during raids at Dhurva last night it had emerged that Imtiaz,his nephew Tophek,Tariq Ansari and Noman Ansari had gone to Patna on Saturday and two others had joined them on way.
The four had,however,told the people of their locality that they were going to Kolkata but left for Patna on Saturday.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Tariq died while allegedly handling explosives yesterday and Noman and Tophek were absconding,while Imtiaz was arrested after the blasts in Patna.
He said the interrogations also revealed that Imtiaz had alleged contacts with Tahseen Akhtar,an alleged close aide of arrested IM’s top operative Yaseen Bhhatkal.
Pradhan said the conspiracy on the blasts could have been hatched anywhere.
The Ranchi Module has been set up recently, he said,adding,the police also suspect that the same module might have been behind the Bodhgaya blast as explosive materials found in Patna blasts were similar to it.
The ADG said a National Investigation agency team had arrived in Ranchi on Monday to investigate links of the newly set up Ranchi Module of IM and further investigations are on.
Earlier in the day,three persons detained in Ranchi on Sunday,in connection with the Patna serial bomb blasts,were released after interrogation.
Raids were carried out soon after Bihar Police tipped-off their counterparts here that some accused in Patna blasts hailed from the state,police said,adding,black powder,materials used to make IEDs,pressure cooker and extremist literature were seized during it.
Six persons were killed and 83 injured in seven low intensity serial blasts in Patna of which six bombs went off in and around the venue of Narendra Modi’s mega rally at Gandhi Maidan shortly before his address to a huge gathering on Sunday.