Congress in Chhattisgarh today demanded a CBI inquiry into an alleged multi-crore cooperative bank scam of 2006 and today met Governor Shekhar Dutt in this regard.
They also demanded to make Chief Minister Raman Singh and his four Cabinet ministers as co-accused in the case. “A delegation of Congress leaders,led by Union Minister and party’s state unit chief Charandas Mahant,submitted a memorandum to Governor today seeking a CBI probe into the Indira Priyadarshini Mahila Nagarik Sahkari bank scam,” party spokesperson Shailesh Nitin Trivedi said.
“We have also demanded to make CM Raman Singh,his four ministers- Brijmohan Agrawal,Amar Agrawal,Ramvichar Netam and Rajesh Munat- co-accused for their alleged involvement in the scam,based on the statements made by the prime accused and then bank manager Umesh Sinha,during his narco-analysis test,” Trivedi said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The party demanded that the government should recover Rs one crore from each of the 22 defaulters,whom the bank had given loan. The delegation informed the Governor that the narco-analysis CD of Umesh Sinha which it had disclosed in the past and the one obtained from the police under RTI (right to information) were same.
After this there is no reason for delay in action against the CM and the four ministers,Trivedi claimed. Expressing ire over police for allegedly not submitting the CD before court,the delegation urged the Governor to assign the case to CBI for further probe.
The Opposition Congress had a couple of months back released a CD and transcripts of a narco-analysis test conducted on then bank’s manager Umesh Sinha in which he had purportedly named Chief Minister Raman Singh and four of his ministers as beneficiaries in the seven-year-old scam.
The CD purportedly showed Umesh Sinha making a statement during narco-analysis that Rs 1 crore was given to each top ruling party politicians at the behest of then chairperson of the bank,Rita Tiwari.