The BJP is pulling out all stops to make its prime ministerial aspirant Narendra Modi’s maiden political rally in his rival Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar’s home turf here on October 27 a mega success.
State BJP stalwart and former Deputy Chief Minister,Sushil Kumar Modi said that the party had reserved 11 trains for the ‘Hoonkar rally’ and would install a large dynamic screen as a backdrop on stage to create a larger than life image of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
Unlike other places where replica of Red Fort and other monuments were created,the rally at Patna would instead have a 30-feet dynamic screen as background on the stage,Sushil Kumar Modi said.
The LED screen would display slides showing famous historical places of the state like Nalanda university,Bodh Gaya temple,Gol Ghar among others and portraits of great personalities.
The personalities whose portraits would be relayed include hero of 1857 revolt Veer Kuer Singh,first President of Independent India Rajendra Prasad and Loknayak Jayprakash Narayan “JP”,all hailing from the state,Sushil Modi said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He said for a comprehensive coverage of the rally,the party had decided to press into service around 12 of its own cameramen for capturing bit-by-bit picture of the crowd and other memorable events.
“This has been decided because TV channels can put one cameraman for the event who can zoom their camera only on one side. So we have decided to capture pictures of the rally through lens of 12 video cameras,” Sushil Modi said.
“The video cassettes would be made available to the TV channels for their convenience,” he said.
Leader of opposition in Bihar Assembly Nand Kishore Yadav said that for the first time linear sound system would be used in the state so that everybody could hear the speech clearly.
Bihar BJP President Mangal Pandey said 11 trains have been reserved for people to come to the state capital for the “Hoonkar rally”.
Besides,over 3,000 buses have been booked for transportation of people from various parts of the state,he added.
BJP’s 91 MLAs,12 MPs and office bearers were travelling across the state to drum up huge support for the rally. Former minister Ashwani Choubey was touring the districts on “Hoonkar rath” to mobilise people for the event,he said.
Pandey said Sushil Modi,Yadav and other senior party leaders were taking stock of arrangements for the rally daily.
Asked if there would be special enclosure for minority Muslims coming to the rally to highlight Narendra Modi’s secular credentials as was done at Ajmer and Delhi rallies,Sushil Modi answered in the negative.
“There will be no separate enclosure for VIPs,women or people from the Muslim community,” he said.
He said that there would be no chairs at the rally and people would have to sit on the ground.
A total of 30 LED screens would be installed in every nook and corner of Gandhi Maidan so that people sitting at a distance could also have a clear view of the stage.
Besides Narendra Modi,party president Rajnath Singh,leader of opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley,actor-politician and party MP from Patna Saheb Shatrughan Sinha and state leaders would participate in the rally,the state party chief said.
The October 27 rally will be keenly watched as it would be the first time that Narendra Modi would attempt to storm his bete noire Nitish Kumar’s political bastion,kept off bounds for him for the last 17 years when JD(U) and BJP were partners in the NDA.
Narendra Modi’s elevation to lead the party in next year’s general elections had led to the rupture between the BJP and the JD(U) with the latter walking out of the NDA on June 16.