Raju Shetti alleges Jet Airways flight departed without taking him onboard

"I had to pay Rs 2,000 extra when it was not even my fault. I am going to raise this issue before the Ministry of Civil Aviation," said the MP from Hatkanangle constituency in Kolhapur.

By: PTI | Mumbai | Published:June 14, 2017 5:34 pm
Raju Shetti, Raju Shetti flight miss, Raju Shetti on Jet Airways mismanagement, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Jet airways Raju Shetti on Wednesday alleged that the Jet Airways flight which he was supposed to board left for Delhi without taking him onboard. (File Photo)

Lok Sabha member Raju Shetti, leader of Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatna which is an ally of BJP, on Wednesday alleged that the Jet Airways flight which he was supposed to board left for Delhi without taking him onboard. Shetti also claimed that he was forced to shell out an additional Rs 2,000 for an alternative flight.

“I was at T2 (terminal 2) of Mumbai airport for my morning flight to Delhi. It was necessary for me to board the flight. I was waiting at the lounge with my boarding pass. “After sometime I realised that the boarding doors are closed. When I enquired, I was told that my flight had taken off,” Shetti claimed.

Jet Airways did not respond to the queries sent by PTI on the issue. Shetti alleged that, “Surprisingly, Jet Airways knew that I was travelling and despite being a people’s representative, no one informed me about the boarding doors being closed. When I asked for a ticket on the next flight, I received a rude response.”

“I had to pay Rs 2,000 extra when it was not even my fault. I am going to raise this issue before the Ministry of Civil Aviation,” said the MP from Hatkanangle constituency in Kolhapur.

1. N
    ND Mathur
    Jun 14, 2017 at 9:58 pm
    Silent airports should make noise when MPs are traveling!!!
    1. C
      Charles Thomson
      Jun 14, 2017 at 9:28 pm
      No doubt this politician was in a business lounge at the airport. All he needed to do was to ask them to remind him when it was time to board. Business lounge staff at airports are professional and most helpful. Is this the same politician who attacked another airline staff?
      1. G
        Gopal
        Jun 14, 2017 at 8:19 pm
        He believes that since he is people's representative he is en led to special privileges. If you don't board when the gate is open, you can't go. Just because you are an MP, it doesn't mean that they have to wait for you before taking off.
        1. V
          vijay
          Jun 14, 2017 at 7:17 pm
          Thank god you kept your chappells firmly on your feet. very good of you.
            arc
            Jun 14, 2017 at 6:46 pm
            Clearly an illiterate cowbelt MP. Must have been dreaming of producing a Vishnu avatar with gaumata while drinking pavitra gaumutra at the airport and missed the announcement. Serves him right. And why should he be treated differently? Any other man not listening to the announcements will have be left behind.
            1. C
              Citizen
              Jun 14, 2017 at 6:13 pm
              Is this a news??? He must be sleeping some where like the guy who lsept in the transit bus as the media reported. If IE wants to fill the pages better think of some useful matter for the readers. Jaihind
              1. 5
                540.09
                Jun 14, 2017 at 6:42 pm
                Confirmation, this week events going boaring. The news come mostly from States, Germany and Russia.