Rahul Gandhi on trolls: ‘BJP machine’ spreading abuse… Make up your own mind about me

Rahul Gandhi on being a 'reluctant politician' at UC Berkeley: "There is a tremendous machine... thousand people or so. And all they do is to spread abuse about me."

By: Express Web Desk | New Delhi | Updated: September 12, 2017 11:33 am
rahul gandhi uc berkeley address, rahul gandhi us speech, rahul gandhi address, india news Rahul Gandhi at UC Berkeley: ‘You have seen me now… You guys are going to make up your mind.’

Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday blamed the BJP for spreading false information about him. During a question and answer session after addressing students at the University of California, Berkeley, Rahul Gandhi was asked about the perception of him being a reluctant politician. In his reply, Gandhi blamed “BJP machine” for spreading abuses about him. “There is a BJP machine… about a thousand guys sitting on computers. They basically tell you things about me. They tell you I am reluctant, I am stupid; they tell you all these things,” Gandhi said.

“You have seen me now… You guys are going to make up your mind. You have got to figure that out,” he added. Without naming Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the 47-year old leader went on to blame him for running an “operation” against him. “But realise, there is a tremendous machine… thousand people or so. And all they do is spread abuse about me. And the operation is basically run by the gentleman who is running our country,” Gandhi said.

Later on, the Congress leader praised PM Modi for his oratorical skills. On being asked to comment on the positives of Modi government, Gandhi said, “Modi has certain skills. He is a very good communicator, probably much better than me. He understands how to give a message to three or four different groups in a crowd. So his messaging ability is very subtle and very effective.” But he went on to point that PM Modi doesn’t converse with people he works with. “What I sense is that he doesn’t converse with the people he works with. They, even MPs of the BJP, come to me and tell me that,” he said.

CLICK HERE to see Rahul Gandhi’s full speech at UC Berkeley

Rahul Gandhi is on a two-week visit to United States. He addressed students at the University of California in Berkeley where he spoke on “India at 70: Reflections on the Path Forward”. In his speech, the Gandhi scion spoke on a range of issues including demonetisation, violence in the country, 1984 anti-Sikh riots, and on dynasty politics among others.

Sep 12, 2017 at 2:30 pm
    This poor boy has no formal education and never worked in any private or public company . So his education and experience is zero. But he wants to project himself as a smart person with good knowledge about everything. In the process he is making a fool of himself by exposing his ignorance at every opportunity. Because of Sam Petroda, he got the opportunity to enter UC Berkley. Otherwise he cannot even enter the campus of UC. Those who attended his stupid speech are all Indian students, who were free and did not have much work to do. They wanted to have the fun of listening to this Joker from India. My nephew is studying in UC Berkley and he told me that no one is really impressed by what he talked. He must have mugged well and read the speech written by some Congress leader and came and spoke . It was not an extempore speech. He does not have the locus standi to criticize Modiji, who is easily the best of all PMs of Independent India.
      Sep 12, 2017 at 8:04 pm
      Want to see full text of his question answer session before forming any opinion. PP Kumar
      Rock G
      Sep 12, 2017 at 12:36 pm
      I have made up my (own) mind about you, you have no mind period
        Sep 12, 2017 at 11:47 am
        People wont vote for the corrupt congress anymore..., BJP will continue the rule.. India is now doing well after the BJP govt. came to power..
          Sep 12, 2017 at 11:21 am
          At least this is correct , i have also noticed that only few paid trolls do all the abusing..as soon as govt changes you will find all these paid people will vanished ....
            Sep 12, 2017 at 11:05 am
            A gentleman politician, who wants the best for every citizen of India. So unlike the trolls.