We lived through hell today, say AAP’s women MLAs

Sarabjit Kaur Manuke, who had recently undergone a surgery for a fracture on her arm, However, she was dragged and dumped outside the entrance of the Assembly hall.

Written by Kanchan Vasdev | Chandigarh | Published:June 23, 2017 8:29 am
Punjab AAP party, AAP party women MLA dragged outside assembly, Women MLA dragged outside of Assembly, Latest news, India news national news An AAP MLA being taken out. Kamleshwar Singh

It was like a “hell broken loose” for the three women legislators of AAP when they were lifted by watch and ward staff of the Punjab Assembly on Thursday and dumped outside the gate, with their dupattas removed in the melee. The three women MLAs, professor Baljinder Kaur, Sarabjit Kaur Manuke and Rupinder Kaur Ruby, were seated on Opposition benches when the marshals got into action and removed them from the Assembly.

“We lived a hell today. We were treated worse than animals in the temple of democracy. I felt I was transported 500 years back. As my entire body is aching due to all the dragging, kicks and punches of the marshals, I am wondering how the ruling legislators are feeling today after they saw their women legislators handled like that,” said professor Baljinder Kaur, who claims to have quit a college to join AAP to raise issues of people.

“Even the thieves and thugs would not have been treated the way we were,” she said, adding that she is unable to stomach the treatment and it keeps coming back to her how she was lifted by marshals and her dupatta was removed. “Do not they think about the honour of their womenfolk? How come nobody raised any voice when our legs and arms were being pulled in different directions?” she asked angrily.

Manuke, who had recently undergone a surgery for a fracture on her arm following an accident, was screaming on the top of her voice when she was lifted and dumped outside. She was shouting and saying her arm would give away. She was dumped outside the entrance of the Assembly hall where she kept lying for over 15 minutes before being shifted to a hospital.

“I warned two men of watch and ward staff against touching me. It was free for all. I feel enraged,” said Baljinder Kaur.

Ruby told The Indian Express that she was proud to be Punjab’s daughter but she was shocked how she was treated like a criminal. “Shame on these people. What were we doing to invite this treatment? I am a student also. I have sat on umpteen protests in college. Nowhere was I treated like this. And I thought I was not alone. I was representing the people of my constituency who voted for me,” she said.

“Turban and dupatta are our honour. Turbans were tossed and the dupattas were pulled. I was lifted not just by women marshals, but also men marshals. I was angry but when I saw my colleague Manuke writhing in pain and lying on the floor, I forgot about myself. This was the worst day of my life. I lived a nightmare,” said Ruby. She said she literally cried to see her male colleagues, five of them baptised Sikhs, picking their symbols of baptism from the floor.

1. O
    Omer habib
    Jun 24, 2017 at 2:18 pm
    Respect women losers. These losers only use women as flesh when they cant respect the mla how will they treat the women living in their own state. So disrespectful act. Shame on punjab govt.
    1. V
      Vijay S
      Jun 24, 2017 at 10:52 am
      In the wonderland of Indian democracy, for the politicians, of the politicians and by the politicians including AAP the worst of all. Not to nention corrupt administration, police and judiciary. Nothing truly surprises. Running into house wells, exchanging punches, misbehaving with women is just a routine. Only stabbing and gun shooting is left. Only hope I do not have to witness in my lifetime.
      1. H
        Human
        Jun 24, 2017 at 8:40 am
        People and EVMs voted for such corrupt sand mafia govt. I don't shame these Congress-BJP parties because it is well known fact that they are corrupt to core and have no human feelings nut I shame those people of punjab who voted for such corrupt inhumans without using their brains
        1. J
          Jatinder Jain
          Jun 24, 2017 at 9:03 am
          Human where is BJP here in Punjab ? Incorrigible BJP haiter?
            Manu sharma
            Jun 24, 2017 at 12:58 pm
            True
            Raghu Rai
            Jun 24, 2017 at 6:52 am
            Ruckus creators anywhere and specially those holding position of responsibility shall be thrown out like this. It serves them right..!!
              Amin
              Jun 24, 2017 at 2:09 am
              AAP forgets how Kapil Mishra was remove by AAP thugs from Delhi Assembly, infact Kapil Mishra was punched by AAP members not Marshall which is worse.
                Manu sharma
                Jun 24, 2017 at 1:00 pm
                Hello mr paidbhakt wat u want to say... for tat...shame on you
                Manoj
                Jun 23, 2017 at 6:14 pm
                Don't feel sorry for AAPtards. AAPtards are 67-3 in Delhi assembly but still use marshalls to remove BJP MLAs using marshalls
                1. T
                  True colour
                  Jun 23, 2017 at 3:40 pm
                  Hi everyone, of course it's a shameful act but what Modi has to do with this . How BJP or Hindu majority is concerned. It's congress govt with Sikh majority. If you have any problem just seek explanation from Rahul or Sonia above all Digvijay Singh .
                    Manu sharma
                    Jun 24, 2017 at 1:03 pm
                    Hahaha...yes you are right... Bjp Central govt ne AAP party k logon ka Delhi me jeena haraam kiya hy aur punjab me congress ne... Zindagi narak kar k rakhi hy satta k on ne... Only GOD save our nation
                  2. H
                    Harjinder singh
                    Jun 23, 2017 at 3:13 pm
                    So sad. It's really redicilous. Rulers are just donkeys who have no powers... blind like owls. Very shame on these people ....they should also be punished like animals. ... it seems they have no family like mother, sister and wife at their homes. What's is Modi doing in this .... nothing . He is only collecting money from people of India rather than their safely. Nod of girls and women's are being raped in the cities and he never shouted against this crime. None of the minister in his team roared against theses crime. Jury is sleeping.... its not the country of reliable peoples to live in. Very shame on these leaders. ... they should drowned in the black water who has no value for humanity.
                    1. J
                      Jana
                      Jun 23, 2017 at 7:48 pm
                      You want to bring modi into this... when congress is the ruling party and it happened in the assembly... it only shows that you deserve to be treated like this. I feel sorry that the Marshalls let off these anarchist with just manhandling...
                        Anshul Satyanand
                        Jun 23, 2017 at 8:17 pm
                        Nirbhaya rape occurred in UPA time,nithari kand occurred in UPA TIME,,......should I consider that it occurred becauof congress. ...I m no supporter of any political party in India but blaming modi for everything is just plane antinationalism and stupidity. ...u r talking as if UPA ministers were God's people. .greatest scams in India's history occured in UPA rule....where was humanity when thousands of Sikhs were slaughtered in name if indira gandhi. ...
                          Amin
                          Jun 24, 2017 at 2:14 am
                          Charity begins from home, AAP must first learn how to behave.