A youth allegedly slapped Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda while he was on his way to a roadshow in Panipat on Sunday.
According to video footage purportedly shot on a mobile phone by a bystander, the youth managed to make contact with Hooda. However, Haryana Police claimed that the youth could not hit the CM though he managed to breach the tight security cover and reach the open jeep in which Hooda was travelling.
Confirming the incident, Panipat SP Satheesh P Balan said, “The youth breached the security cover and tried to attack the CM, but was overpowered by the police. He was booked on charges of causing disruption in public duty.”
During preliminary questioning, the youth identified himself as Kamal Mukhija, a medical representative and resident of Gohana in Sonepat district. He claimed he was being treated for depression by a Rohtak-based doctor.
“The accused completed his degree in B.Sc and was working as a medical representative. He was standing in the crowd today, and as the CM’s vehicle approached, he stepped in front of it. He claims he is suffering from depression and thus committed the act. We are yet to verify his claims,” Balan added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Hooda was standing in the front seat of the the car, on his way to lay foundation stones for several projects in the district. A large crowd had gathered along the road. As the convoy moved slowly, the accused jumped out of the crowd and managed to reach the chief minister. He was immediately taken into custody. Meanwhile, Hooda, who enjoys Z category security, was seen giving instructions to his securitymen. After a brief halt, his convoy continued its journey. This is the third incident involving breach of Hooda’s security. On December 12, 2010, a youth hurled a shoe at Hooda while he was addressing a meeting of backward classes in a government college in Hisar. The youth, Ajit Singh, was remanded in police custody. The shoe did not hit the CM.
On August 22, 2010, a youth identified as Shakti Singh hurled a shoe at Hooda during a rally in Mahendergarh. This time, too, the shoe did not hit Hooda and fell at a distance from the CM.