A youth allegedly slapped Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda while he was on his way to a roadshow in Panipat on Sunday.
According to video footage purportedly shot on a mobile phone by a bystander, the youth managed to make contact with Hooda. However, Haryana Police claimed that the youth could not hit the CM though he managed to breach the tight security cover and reach the open jeep in which Hooda was travelling.
Confirming the incident, Panipat SP Satheesh P Balan said, “The youth breached the security cover and tried to attack the CM, but was overpowered by the police. He was booked on charges of causing disruption in public duty.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
During preliminary questioning, the youth identified himself as Kamal Mukhija, a medical representative and resident of Gohana in Sonepat district. He claimed he was being treated for depression by a Rohtak-based doctor.
“The accused completed his degree in B.Sc and was working as a medical representative. He was standing in the crowd today, and as the CM’s vehicle approached, he stepped in front of it. He claims he is suffering from depression and thus committed the act. We are yet to verify his claims,” Balan added.
Hooda was standing in the front seat of the the car, on his way to lay foundation stones for several projects in the district. A large crowd had gathered along the road. As the convoy moved slowly, the accused jumped out of the crowd and managed to reach the chief minister. He was immediately taken into custody. Meanwhile, Hooda, who enjoys Z category security, was seen giving instructions to his securitymen. After a brief halt, his convoy continued its journey. This is the third incident involving breach of Hooda’s security. On December 12, 2010, a youth hurled a shoe at Hooda while he was addressing a meeting of backward classes in a government college in Hisar. The youth, Ajit Singh, was remanded in police custody. The shoe did not hit the CM.
On August 22, 2010, a youth identified as Shakti Singh hurled a shoe at Hooda during a rally in Mahendergarh. This time, too, the shoe did not hit Hooda and fell at a distance from the CM.