A day after being slammed for sending a threatening SMS to a subordinate officer, Haryana Chief Secretary S C Choudhary on Tuesday apologised to the recipient of his message, the state Administrative Reforms Secretary Pradip Kasni.
“Dear Pradip, you know that I treat you like my younger brother. It was said in a lighter vein but it seems part of my message has hurt your feelings. If that is the case I regret those words which have hurt your sentiments. We were and will remain friends,” reads the SMS sent by Choudhary to Kasni Tuesday.
Kasni had taken on the government and had objected to the manner in which commissioners were being appointed under the Right to Information and Right to Service Act. He had alleged that Choudhary had threatened him on Saturday night, a day before the commissioners were administered oath at Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda’s residence.
The text message, sent to Kasni on Saturday night, dared him to show it to the media. “Good night… please enjoy your new status of being a celebrity… But agar apni maa ka doodh piya ho to mere saare msg press ko dikha dena (if you are a man, I dare you to show my messages to the media),” Choudhary’s message read.
Responding to Choudhary’s apology, Kasni said, “My only point in raising this issue was the manner in which government has made illegal appointments of the commissioners. The chief secretary’s messages were made public to show how honest officers are treated in a government set-up. I did not have anything against the chief secretary. My objections were and are against the procedural irregularities committed by the state government. It is my duty to raise them.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016