Days after he was served a showcause notice for an outburst against Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice-president Rahul Gandhi, Congress leader Jagmeet Singh Brar suggested change in the party leadership, saying that the maximum tenure of AICC president should not be more than 10 years. Sonia, who took over the party reins in 1998, is the longest serving AICC president.
Brar also hit out at top Congress leaders saying the party failed to prepare a Team B and potential state leaders were marginalised while “sycophants” were encouraged.
Former CWC member, Brar, who had created flutter by suggesting Sonia and Rahul take a two-year break from politics and that the vice-president resign owing responsibility for crushing defeat in the Lok Sabha elections, on Monday said he has written to AICC general secretary Shakeel Ahmed and sought answers to the questions raised by him.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen