Two rallies by Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, road shows and whirlwind tours of constituencies by candidates will mark the last day of campaigning that comes to an end at 5 pm on Monday. Punjab will go to polls on April 30.
Rahul will address two rallies in favour of Congress-PPP joint candidate, Manpreet Singh Badal, in Bathinda and Congress candidate from Faridkot, Joginder Singh Panjgrain. “After Rahul leaves, we will take out a road show in Faridkot city to catch up with as many people as possible. After that it will be a quiet door-to-door campaign,” Panjgrain said.
Captain Amarinder Singh, Congress nominee from Amritsar, too has a road show planned for Monday. “We will be covering Amritsar-East, North and West segments before the campaigning comes to an end,” said an aide of Amarinder.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
An Independent from Ludhiana, Simarjit Singh Bains, will address marathon meetings in his constituency. “We are planning these meetings in the city area to catch up with the electorate. Such meetings create an impact and the campaign should end with an impact,” said Bains.
Manpreet, however, plans to start a door-to-door campaign from Monday itself. “We are counting on Rahul’s rally. It will provide an impetus to our campaign. After that we will go in for a door-to-door and personal touch programme quietly,” said Gurpreet Singh Bhatti, Manpreet’s a close aide.
Interestingly, when Rahul Gandhi will be addressing a rally in Bathinda, Harsimrat Kaur Badal, the SAD nominee and daughter-in-law of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, will organise a road show from 9 am to 11 am from Fire Brigade to Sirki Bazar. Even the CM will tour villages of Bathinda on Monday.
On the other hand, Punjab Congress chief Partap Singh Bajwa will make a whirlwind tour of his vast Gurdaspur constituency on Monday.
“We will start early and aim to address 15 to 20 meetings in nine assembly segments. It is not going to be easy but we aim at making our presence felt in the entire area. It is important as a confidence building method. Moreover, even Rahul’s rallies will be given a miss as the constituency needs us. Tomorrow is an important day,” said a key member of Bajwa’s team.