Two rallies by Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, road shows and whirlwind tours of constituencies by candidates will mark the last day of campaigning that comes to an end at 5 pm on Monday. Punjab will go to polls on April 30.
Rahul will address two rallies in favour of Congress-PPP joint candidate, Manpreet Singh Badal, in Bathinda and Congress candidate from Faridkot, Joginder Singh Panjgrain. “After Rahul leaves, we will take out a road show in Faridkot city to catch up with as many people as possible. After that it will be a quiet door-to-door campaign,” Panjgrain said.
Captain Amarinder Singh, Congress nominee from Amritsar, too has a road show planned for Monday. “We will be covering Amritsar-East, North and West segments before the campaigning comes to an end,” said an aide of Amarinder.
An Independent from Ludhiana, Simarjit Singh Bains, will address marathon meetings in his constituency. “We are planning these meetings in the city area to catch up with the electorate. Such meetings create an impact and the campaign should end with an impact,” said Bains.
Manpreet, however, plans to start a door-to-door campaign from Monday itself. “We are counting on Rahul’s rally. It will provide an impetus to our campaign. After that we will go in for a door-to-door and personal touch programme quietly,” said Gurpreet Singh Bhatti, Manpreet’s a close aide.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Interestingly, when Rahul Gandhi will be addressing a rally in Bathinda, Harsimrat Kaur Badal, the SAD nominee and daughter-in-law of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, will organise a road show from 9 am to 11 am from Fire Brigade to Sirki Bazar. Even the CM will tour villages of Bathinda on Monday.
On the other hand, Punjab Congress chief Partap Singh Bajwa will make a whirlwind tour of his vast Gurdaspur constituency on Monday.
“We will start early and aim to address 15 to 20 meetings in nine assembly segments. It is not going to be easy but we aim at making our presence felt in the entire area. It is important as a confidence building method. Moreover, even Rahul’s rallies will be given a miss as the constituency needs us. Tomorrow is an important day,” said a key member of Bajwa’s team.