Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday assured people that he will do everything to get them their share of water from the Bhakra Dam for which the Hansi-Butana Canal has already been dug.
“Some vested interests are plotting to derail our plan to get water to Haryana through the Hansi-Butana Canal but I would ensure that they do not succeed in their designs,” he said.
He gave this assurance while addressing a gathering after laying the foundation stones and inaugurating various projects at Ismaila village in the district.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The canal has been dug to ensure that Haryana’s share of water from Bhakra Dam reaches every part of the state, he said. The Chief Minister said that when he became an MP, he assured the people of the area that he would never compromise on the interests of the state.
“The people of the state are with me and I will fulfill every promise I made to them”, he said.
Before Congress came to power, the area was backward. The people of the state gave him a chance to remove backwardness.
“When the Congress came to power in 2005 and I became Chief Minister, people said my government won’t last long. But with the blessings of UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, and cooperation of the people, my government has lasted full term and performed excellently,” Hooda said.
“If people continue to support us, Congress will surely form government for the third consecutively term in Haryana,”he said.