Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday assured people that he will do everything to get them their share of water from the Bhakra Dam for which the Hansi-Butana Canal has already been dug.
“Some vested interests are plotting to derail our plan to get water to Haryana through the Hansi-Butana Canal but I would ensure that they do not succeed in their designs,” he said.
He gave this assurance while addressing a gathering after laying the foundation stones and inaugurating various projects at Ismaila village in the district.
The canal has been dug to ensure that Haryana’s share of water from Bhakra Dam reaches every part of the state, he said. The Chief Minister said that when he became an MP, he assured the people of the area that he would never compromise on the interests of the state.
“The people of the state are with me and I will fulfill every promise I made to them”, he said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Before Congress came to power, the area was backward. The people of the state gave him a chance to remove backwardness.
“When the Congress came to power in 2005 and I became Chief Minister, people said my government won’t last long. But with the blessings of UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, and cooperation of the people, my government has lasted full term and performed excellently,” Hooda said.
“If people continue to support us, Congress will surely form government for the third consecutively term in Haryana,”he said.