• Associate Sponsor

Prakash Raj: I am anti-Modi, anti-Shah, anti-Hegde. They are not Hindus

Prakash Raj said, "Whether I have voted for him or not, he is my prime minister. He must speak up against these people. He must pull up his minister for saying that they are here to change the Constitution."

By: Express Web Desk | New Delhi | Updated: January 18, 2018 10:05 pm
Prakash Raj, narendra modi, anti modi, anti hindu, prakash raj attacks modi Prakash Raj

Actor Prakash Raj on Thursday launched a scathing attack against Prime Minister Narendra Modi for staying silent over the recent attacks taking place under the garb of religious sensitivities in the country. “They call me anti-Hindu but I am anti-Modi, anti-Shah, anti-Hegde. They are not Hindus. People who support killing are not Hindus,” the actor said.

Speaking at the India Today South Conclave in Hyderabad, the actor who has often criticised the government in the past said, “When Gauri Lankesh was killed, some people celebrated the murder. These were people who were being followed by PM Modi. Whether I have voted for him or not, he is my prime minister. He must speak up against these people. He must pull up his minister for saying that they are here to change the Constitution.” Union Minister Anantkumar Hegde in December had created a controversy when he said that the BJP had come to power to “change the Constitution” and would do so in the “near future”.

“My prime minister should ask his minister, an elected, mandated minister, not to say that a religion should be wiped out from the earth. That is not Hinduism. If my prime minister does not ask his minister to shut up, then I am asking (sic) my prime minister you are also not a Hindu. The person who supports killing, cannot be a Hindu.”

Also Read | What lies behind the dissent of Prakash Raj?

Referring to the blanket bans imposed by the states on film Padmaavat, the actor said that the people should vote those governments out. “See there is writing on the wall. There is no conspiracy…State governments which banned Padmaavat citing law and order should quit. If they don’t, we, the people, should vote them out,” he said during the discussion. Attacking the saffron party, he said, “They talk about Rajput pride. I understand if Rajputs of Rajasthan are saying so. But, what it has to do with those in Gujarat? What it has to do with Haryana?”

Prakash Raj, a National award winner, has been criticising the government on his twitter handle. He has also launched #justasking campaign where he has questioned the government over the delay in the winter session, Tippu Sultan controversy and the recently concluded Gujarat polls. He also took a jibe against the BJP workers in Karnataka who sprinkled cow urine on the stage after his speech.

1. J
    js
    Feb 9, 2018 at 9:49 pm
    prakash raj is speaking like congress spokes person..but somebody ask himwhat about hindus killed in karnataka, kerala n other parts of india
    (0)(0)
      Parag
      Jan 21, 2018 at 9:22 pm
      If prakash raj finds Goddess Durga ...then I doubt what he finds his own mother
      (0)(0)
      1. Pappalil Prabhakaran
        Jan 20, 2018 at 10:51 am
        Prakash Raj is far from reality! He issues statements as a conscious deliberate half blind King. But in a democracy, every Tom, and Harry can issue statements. A filmy villain must be justicious in his dealings outside.
        (4)(7)
        1. Srinivasan N. Iyer
          Jan 20, 2018 at 9:20 am
          Modi is no doubt a good orator but he limits this great quality only to electioneering He would greater respect if he also as a strong PM condemn those statements or actions that he doesn’t support with strong denials . Instead of peddling wrong figures and statistics, as a strong man give more accutate figures and successful policies on promoting unity in diversity, better rarning capacities for farmers, better uniform growth and less controlled regulation. Even if has selected bureaucratics etc in key posts let there be FairPlay and uniform action without any distinctions. Criticising opposition has to be balanced by how the Govt is working for all and not just for some favoured groups. He must be open in his criticism of statements made by some party leaders that are not in consonance with the Cons ution. We welcome his sincerity and openness but need more positive statements dispelling some dangerous divisive forces working by some groups. S. N. Iyer
          (11)(2)
          1. N
            NaMo The great
            Jan 20, 2018 at 9:16 am
            Prakash Raj, I wish you are sleeping and not seeing what is happening in the world around you. See the news s: ndtv /kerala-news/26-year-old-rss-activist-hacked-to-death-in-keralas-kannur-1802323. I hate people who just speak not knowing what is happening in his own country. I would encourage voting BJP into power even the next time. Only Mr.Modi can do some good to this country and no bloody party can achieve that. I would ban myself and ensure none of my friends and family members watch your movies. I vow that I will propagate this word to the majority.
            (12)(21)