YSR Congress Party Friday urged the Election Commission to stop the exhibition of Telugu movie ‘Legend’ starring Nandamuri Balakrishna, who has entered the poll fray as a TDP nominee, or inclusion of its production and collection in the expenditure account of the candidate.
“Exhibition of the movie at this juncture when the elections are slated soon, can influence the voters of Ananthapur district (Balakrishna is contesting from Hindupur in the district) and the state as a whole in his favour and also of the party,” state coordinator of YSRCP P N V Prasad, who filed a petition with the EC, said.
He argued that it would be “irreparable loss” to the opposition parties if the exhibition is not stopped immediately across the state.
The party urged the EC to stop its exhibition or include the total cost of the movie and its collections into the expenditure account of the candidate, Balakrishna who is the brother-in-law of TDP supremo N Chandrababu Naidu.
The party requested the EC to disqualify Balakrishna, son of legendary N T Rama Rao, if he is found guilty for exceeding the permitted limit of expenditure that one can incur as a candidate for Assembly elections (Rs 28 lakh) by way of producing the movie and exhibiting it.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Hence it must be treated as a paid article,” it said.
According to reports, the movie, an action-entertainer released on March 28, has grossed more than Rs 50 crore in the global marke in three weeks.