A 25-year-old youth was on Sunday detained by police after he threw his slipper at Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav while he was addressing a rally at the Ramleela Ground in Kavinagar area here.
The incident took place this afternoon as Yadav started addressing people at the rally. A youth on the spur of the moment stood up from his seat and hurled his footwear at Yadav and protested about the illegal seizure of his land.
However, the footwear fell into the Media Gallery set up on the venue. The police officials, deployed at the venue, immediately overpowered the youth and took him to police station.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Police said further investigation into the incident is on.