- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Youth held for hurling slipper at UP CM Akhilesh Yadav
A 25-year-old youth was on Sunday detained by police after he threw his slipper at Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav while he was addressing a rally at the Ramleela Ground in Kavinagar area here.
The incident took place this afternoon as Yadav started addressing people at the rally. A youth on the spur of the moment stood up from his seat and hurled his footwear at Yadav and protested about the illegal seizure of his land.
However, the footwear fell into the Media Gallery set up on the venue. The police officials, deployed at the venue, immediately overpowered the youth and took him to police station.
Police said further investigation into the incident is on.