Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha and 61 party workers were on Thursday released from jail, a day after a local court granted them bail in a case of alleged assault of a government official.
Sinha, who spent a fortnight in jail, was released from jail on Thursday after furnishing two surety bonds of Rs 7,000 each. All the workers too furnished surety bonds. Soon after his release from Hazaribagh Central Jail, Sinha went to Bes village where he demonstrated in protest against electricity crisis.
He had participated in demonstrations there on June 2 and was involved in the subsequent alleged assault of General Manager (JSEB’s Hazaribagh Branch) Dhanesh Jha.
Jha’s FIR accused Sinha and party workers of tying him up during their demonstration near his office, leading to their arrest and remand in judicial custody.
Sinha had refused to apply for bail but did so on Wednesday after BJP veteran L K Advani met him in the jail on Tuesday and convinced him to obtain bail to lead the ongoing agitation by BJP’s Jharkhand unit against power crisis in the state.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Chief Minister Hemant Soren and his alliance partner Congress had dubbed BJP’s demonstration as ‘politics over power’.