The BJP Sunday fielded former finance Minister Yashwant Sinha to attack Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram for his economic management of the economy.
Sinha posed a set of 18 questions concerning issues like price rise, high levels of fiscal and current account deficits, economic growth and employment among others and demanded answers from the Finance Minister.
The senior BJP leader sought to claim that high level of economic growth during UPA-I regime was a result of policies undertaken by the previous BJP-led NDA regime.
“Is it a fact that the high growth rate witnessed during the first four years of the UPA-I was largely on account of the measures initiated by the NDA government and not because of any steps taken by the UPA government, that you really harvested what was sown by us?” Sinha asked Chidambaram.
On Saturday, the BJP had fielded party deputy leader in Rajya Sabha Ravi Shankar Prasad who charged the UPA government of destroying the economy. Prasad had held political leadership of Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh and Rahul Gandhi responsible for current economic gloom in the country.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review