The BJP Sunday fielded former finance Minister Yashwant Sinha to attack Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram for his economic management of the economy.
Sinha posed a set of 18 questions concerning issues like price rise, high levels of fiscal and current account deficits, economic growth and employment among others and demanded answers from the Finance Minister.
The senior BJP leader sought to claim that high level of economic growth during UPA-I regime was a result of policies undertaken by the previous BJP-led NDA regime.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
“Is it a fact that the high growth rate witnessed during the first four years of the UPA-I was largely on account of the measures initiated by the NDA government and not because of any steps taken by the UPA government, that you really harvested what was sown by us?” Sinha asked Chidambaram.
On Saturday, the BJP had fielded party deputy leader in Rajya Sabha Ravi Shankar Prasad who charged the UPA government of destroying the economy. Prasad had held political leadership of Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh and Rahul Gandhi responsible for current economic gloom in the country.