BJP veteran L K Advani on Tuesday met party colleague Yashwant Sinha in jail in Hazaribagh and asked him to secure bail and lead the party in the Jharkhand Assembly elections later this year, describing him as the “right person” for the chief minister’s post.
86-year-old Advani drove to the Hazaribagh Central Jail to meet Sinha, who was arrested two weeks back for ordering BJP workers to tie up an Electricity Board official in Hazaribagh.
Both Advani as also Sinha, who has held important portfolios as Finance and External Affairs Minister in the previous NDA regime, are seen as part of the “sidelined” old guard that also includes veterans like Murli Manohar Joshi and erstwhile senior leader Jaswant Singh.
Sinha did not run for election this time. His son, Jayant, contested and won this parliamentary seat.
Emerging after his meeting with Sinha, Advani said the Jharkhand leader “is the right person to be chief minister after the Assembly elections later this year”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“What I feel is that when he is getting support and respect from all BJP stalwarts, time has come Sinha should respect the feeling of BJP leaders, not only from Jharkhand, but also in the country and come out of jail,” Advani told reporters after his two-hour visit to the prison.
Advani said Sinha should thereafter lead the ongoing agitation against power crisis and ‘corruption’ in the GM’s office in the Hazaribagh area of the electricity board.
“Yashwant Sinha has launched a historic agitation in support of small villages … I appreciate the stand taken by him for fulfilling the cause of poor villagers and he deserves all praise and support.