BJP veteran L K Advani on Tuesday met party colleague Yashwant Sinha in jail in Hazaribagh and asked him to secure bail and lead the party in the Jharkhand Assembly elections later this year, describing him as the “right person” for the chief minister’s post.
86-year-old Advani drove to the Hazaribagh Central Jail to meet Sinha, who was arrested two weeks back for ordering BJP workers to tie up an Electricity Board official in Hazaribagh.
Both Advani as also Sinha, who has held important portfolios as Finance and External Affairs Minister in the previous NDA regime, are seen as part of the “sidelined” old guard that also includes veterans like Murli Manohar Joshi and erstwhile senior leader Jaswant Singh.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Sinha did not run for election this time. His son, Jayant, contested and won this parliamentary seat.
Emerging after his meeting with Sinha, Advani said the Jharkhand leader “is the right person to be chief minister after the Assembly elections later this year”.
“What I feel is that when he is getting support and respect from all BJP stalwarts, time has come Sinha should respect the feeling of BJP leaders, not only from Jharkhand, but also in the country and come out of jail,” Advani told reporters after his two-hour visit to the prison.
Advani said Sinha should thereafter lead the ongoing agitation against power crisis and ‘corruption’ in the GM’s office in the Hazaribagh area of the electricity board.
“Yashwant Sinha has launched a historic agitation in support of small villages … I appreciate the stand taken by him for fulfilling the cause of poor villagers and he deserves all praise and support.