Dubbing Congress as “most communal”, Syed Yahya Bukhari, the younger brother of Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid Syed Ahmed Bukhari on Thursday opposed any decision to endorse the ruling party.
“I totally oppose the decision of the Shahi Imam of JamaMasjid of supporting the Congress party and the reason is that honestly if you ask any Muslim in the country, the Congress party I believe is the most communal party. “Muslims say that BJP is communal party, yes it is. But when BJP attacks the minority, it attacks from the front, Muslims save themselves but Congress always backstabs them,” he said.
Bukhari junior did not spare BJP either, attacking the saffron party he claimed that BJP was behind the massacre of Muslims in Gujarat. It is a bitter fact and everybody knows about it, but Congress has also not spared Muslims, he said.
“Check the record of last 30-35 years, whether it was Bhagalpur, Meerut, Moradabad or Surat. All this happened during Congress tenure, even it is happening today. Innocent Muslims are being sent to jail.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Whenever elections come, Congress tries to become clean and shows bonhomie toward Muslims and seeks their support. Why should I support Congress?” he said. Asked whether it was the Congress President who invited the Shahi Imam or he himself took an appointment and went to meet her, he said, “I am not sure whether Sonia Gandhi had invited him or he himself took an appointment and went to meet her. But there has been a tradition that Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid does not go to anyone to lend his support. “Instead, whether it was Indira Gandhi, V P Singh or other former PMs, they came and sought the Shahi Imam’s support,” he said.