The RSS is considering placing around 2,000 of its hardcore cadres in the BJP in the next two-three years at various levels, apparently to mould the party in the image it wants.
The cadres will be mostly placed at district and state levels. While currently nearly three dozen whole-time pracharaks are organisation secretaries at various levels in the BJP, the new plan is to place local workers who are “ideologically dedicated” and “sound” in the party.
The idea, being considered seriously by the RSS top leadership, reportedly follows the feedback the Sangh has received from cadres across the country in coordination meetings. According to a very senior RSS leader, in many such meetings, workers have complained that BJP leaders are grooming own children, ignoring party cadres, and giving tickets to outsiders who join the party just before elections.
“Once our ideologically committed workers join the BJP, some of them will gradually reach the top levels in the next few years,” said the leader, adding these cadres would behave “differently”. The time frame the RSS is looking at is five-six years.
The coordination meetings are on at different levels for the polls. The focus, the RSS has dictated, is that “vote bane (voters are registered)”, “vote kate (fake voters are removed)”, and “vote pade (votes are cast)”. In most such meetings, the BJP is not invited.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Sources said that in some coordination meetings, workers have pointed out that all the things the Aam Aadmi Party is talking about now were earlier said by the BJP and before that the Jan Sangh.
While in earlier elections, local RSS men would work as per the BJP candidate’s strategy, this time they have been told to concentrate on improving party performance in “national interest”.
The RSS has also appointed coordinators in all the 3,018 Assembly segments and the 543 Lok Sabha segments in the country. On February 16, RSS sahsarkaryawah (co-general secretary) Suresh Soni held a nearly two-hour online conference from Delhi with all the state pracharaks. RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat is currently on a nationwide tour and has been addressing conferences with workers at different levels in every state.
Confirms Sangh prachar pramukh Manmohan Vaidya, “Currently we all are for 2014 general elections in national interest. Election is a war-like situation for us, the rest of the things will be decided later. Induction of our workers may be need based.”