Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati on Friday said her party would make all-out efforts to prevent Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi from becoming the Prime Minister of the country. She also dismissed the Third Front as a “weak front” and said the “country will not be benefited from it.”
“We will put our entire strength to prevent Narendra Modi from becoming the Prime Minister. It is in interest of the country to prevent the BJP from coming to power (in the next elections),” Mayawati told reporters outside Parliament.
She claimed that minority community members were apprehensive about Modi.
“If Modi wins, it will give a boost to the communal forces in the country,” the BSP supremo said, adding BJP is not trustworthy as “it says something and does something else”.
On the six pending anti-corruption bills, she said though “we support the bills they should have come much earlier. Now the government, which itself is involved in deep corruption, is trying to change its image through the bills.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016