Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati on Friday said her party would make all-out efforts to prevent Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi from becoming the Prime Minister of the country. She also dismissed the Third Front as a “weak front” and said the “country will not be benefited from it.”
“We will put our entire strength to prevent Narendra Modi from becoming the Prime Minister. It is in interest of the country to prevent the BJP from coming to power (in the next elections),” Mayawati told reporters outside Parliament.
She claimed that minority community members were apprehensive about Modi.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“If Modi wins, it will give a boost to the communal forces in the country,” the BSP supremo said, adding BJP is not trustworthy as “it says something and does something else”.
On the six pending anti-corruption bills, she said though “we support the bills they should have come much earlier. Now the government, which itself is involved in deep corruption, is trying to change its image through the bills.”