- Third Front will emerge as First Front after polls: Nitish Kumar
- Nitish Kumar on Narendra Modi: Arrogance is dripping from every inch of his body
- Left Front mocks Mamata's Delhi rally
- I am also facing exams like you: Narendra Modi to Gujarat students
- Delhi HC asks Centre to respond to a PIL on funding to AAP
- Narendra Modi
- Nitin Gadkari
- Palaniappan Chidambaram
- Parkash Singh Badal
- Rahul Gandhi
- Sonia Gandhi
- Sushma Swaraj
- Uddhav Thackeray
Won’t let Narendra Modi become India’s Prime Minister, asserts Mayawati
Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati on Friday said her party would make all-out efforts to prevent Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi from becoming the Prime Minister of the country. She also dismissed the Third Front as a “weak front” and said the “country will not be benefited from it.”
“We will put our entire strength to prevent Narendra Modi from becoming the Prime Minister. It is in interest of the country to prevent the BJP from coming to power (in the next elections),” Mayawati told reporters outside Parliament.
She claimed that minority community members were apprehensive about Modi.
“If Modi wins, it will give a boost to the communal forces in the country,” the BSP supremo said, adding BJP is not trustworthy as “it says something and does something else”.
On the six pending anti-corruption bills, she said though “we support the bills they should have come much earlier. Now the government, which itself is involved in deep corruption, is trying to change its image through the bills.”