With stability weighing heavily on its mind, Congress will go in for the search of new allies to form a UPA-III government and has no intention to support a Third Front government.
A senior party leader, who declined to be identified, insisted that the party has become wiser by the experiments of 1990-91 and 1996 during which it gave support from outside to the governments led by Chandra Shekhar, H D Deve Gowda and I K Gujral.
Noting that those were “not exactly happy” experiences, the leader said if the situation arises the Congress would have only a UPA-III government and the question of giving outside support to a minority government does not arise.
Two days back, party General Secretary Ajay Maken had dismissed the possibility of support to Third Front in forming the next government at the Centre insisting that the UPA-III coalition will rule the country after Lok Sabha polls.
His remarks had assumed significance as they came close on the heels of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav claiming that the Third Front will form a “stable government” with Congress’ support after Lok Sabha elections.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Yadav had said that the way election trends appear, BJP will not be able to reach the magic figure and form government and the Congress will emerge the weakest after elections.
The parties associated with the Third Front will get maximum number of seats and will form the next government, he had said.