Staunchly opposing the demand for a separate state for the Vidarbha region, the Shiv Sena on Wednesday said it will not allow division of Maharashtra, even if it is sought by its alliance partner BJP or any other party.
“(Former Maharashtra Chief Minister) Ashok Chavan had alleged that the BJP is trying to divide Maharashtra into two parts. We congratulate him (for saying that). Whether it is the BJP or any other party dreaming of dividing Maharashtra, we will not let it happen,” the Sena said in an editorial, in its mouthpiece ‘Saamna’.
The Sena was referring to the comments made by Chavan on Monday, while launching the Congress’ campaign for the upcoming Assembly elections in the state, when he had accused the BJP of having a “secret agenda” to “split Maharashtra” and create a “separate state of Vidarbha”.
The ‘Saamna’ editorial also claimed that the Congress-NCP may try every trick under the hat to win the upcoming Assembly elections, but they will only be “greeted with failure”.
“Let the Congress do anything it can to gain in the upcoming Assembly elections, but it will continue to remain a dead party. The people of Maharashtra have taken a stand to oust the Congress from the state,” it said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More