A woman has filed a complaint alleging that Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) candidate from Guna-Shivpuri Lok Sabha seat Shailendra Singh Kushwaha and three office bearers allegedly raped her at least three times over a period of more than a year, the police said here on Thursday.
AAP Madhya Pradesh State Secretary Akshay Hunka reached Gwalior today to look into the matter and termed the allegations as “politically motivated, aimed at tarnishing Kushwaha’s image”.
The 30-year-old complainant said that she was associated with Anna Hazare’s anti-corruption movement and had later joined the AAP.
She alleged that Kushwaha and three other office bearers, identified as Gwalior district AAP convenor Himanshu Kulshreshta, AAP district secretary Abhijit Wagh and AAP district spokesperson Manuraj Saxena raped her at least thrice, about a year ago, the police said.
The woman claimed that she went to Raipur later and came back to file a complaint at the Kampu police station yesterday, after suffering for almost a year.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
She said that she lodged a police complaint only after she reported the matter to AAP leaders in Delhi, who did not help her.
Meanwhile, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Virendra Jain said that as per Supreme Court guidelines if an incident of rape is more than three months old, then an FIR in the matter would be filed only after a probe, which the police has initiated.
However, Kushwaha dismissing her allegations as “baseless and aimed at tarnishing his image,” said that he was told that the woman filed the complaint at the behest of two party workers, in order to settle political scores, since she has complained after more than a year.