New-Found admirer Anna Hazare beside her, Mamata Banerjee is all set to launch a “Mamata for India” campaign, starting with a “war room” in New Delhi. A modest three-bedroom flat in New Delhi’s 141, South Avenue, is being manned by Hazare’s people, with technical and logistic support from the Trinamool Congress, to plan the campaign for the “alliance” outside West Bengal.
The rented flat is located close to the TMC’s office.
A rally in Delhi’s Ramlila Maidan by Mamata and Hazare, possibly in the second week of March, will officially kickstart the campaign. The idea is to woo the electorate that had come to the site for Hazare’s indefinite fast once.
Fitted with around 25 computers, the war room is being operated by a 20-odd team. It is currently giving the final touches to portals mamata4india.com in English and didi4india.com in Hindi.
Sources said the technical resources have been provided by TMC MP K D Singh.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“Hazare has told Mamata that his Janatantra Morcha has a data base of 12.5 lakh dedicated supporters. The first task of the war room is to call them up and let them know that the TMC and Anna are the same,” said a senior TMC leader.
The recruits will later help verify candidates seeking nominations — a strategy deployed by Hazare’s former protege Arvind Kejriwal. The form will require an “assurance” note from the aspirant that if elected, he/she will help implement Hazare’s 17-point agenda of policy interventions.
One of the focus areas of the alliance is Delhi, with the plan being to emerge as an alternative anti-corruption plank to the Aam Aadmi Party.