Nitesh Rane, son of senior Congress leader and Maharashtra state Industries Minister Narayan Rane, said he will take Shiv Sena President “head on” if Uddhav Thackeray decides to contest the upcoming Assembly polls in Maharashtra.
“If Uddhav (Sena Chief) decides to contest the upcoming Assembly polls, I will take him head on and contest from whichever constituency he decides to contest from. Not only that, I will ensure that he loses badly,” Rane said.
He was addressing reporters in Kolhapur on Thursday on the sidelines of a function.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Mocking Thackeray, Rane said that it was “amusing” that he (Thackeray) dreams of becoming the chief minister of the state when he does not have a hold in any assembly segment.
“Uddhav dreams of becoming the CM of Maharashtra. This dream of his is laughable. He is not even fit to become a sarpanch (the head of a village). Tomorrow even Rakhi Sawant (Bollywood actress who recently joined RPI) will dream of becoming the CM,” he said.
He added that his father (Narayan Rane) had asked him to prepare to contest elections from Kankavali assembly segment and establish contacts in the region.
“Narayan Rane has asked me to prepare for election from Kankavali assembly seat. We have started the ground work there. During the Lok Sabha elections we lost, but I can assure you results will be very different this time,” he said.
When asked to comment on Maharashtra CM Prithviraj Chavan’s comment that the kin of Congress leaders will get tickets to contest elections only based on merit, Rane said, comments made by Chavan were directed elsewhere.
“He (Chavan) was not hinting at me. Praniti Shinde (daughter of Former Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde) and Amit Deshmukh (son of Former Maharashtra CM Vilasrao Deshmukh) are already sitting MLAs. Rahul, son of MPCC president Manikrao Thakre, also wants to contest elections. So it shows that Chavan was not pointing towards me,” he said.