Keeping an eye on the first phase polls in the Northeast, the Bharatiya Janata Party on Thursday promised to execute the 28-point programme finalised by Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee government for the overall development of all eight states in the region.
The nine-phase elections will begin with polling scheduled in Northeast on April 7.
Blaming the UPA government for the “non-development” of Northeast, BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said “no one knows what happened to trans-Arunachal highway, Majoli project or Silchar-Imphal rail line that were promised for the region.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Taking on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, she said “PM, who is representing Assam, had reviewed Assam accord in 2005. But till date nothing has been done.”
Recalling BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi’s statement on border issue, she said “Modiji has placed primacy for the region’s territorial integrity and security of the people.”
Referring to Department of Development of North-East Region (DONEAR), she said “BJP-led NDA has set up the separate department in 2001 to cater to the needs of NE states but UPA government diluted the DONEAR.”
She said BJP, once elected to power, would lay special emphasis on development of the entire region.