Former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said on Saturday that she would not contest any more elections. Speaking to The Sunday Express, she said she would not be a candidate if Delhi goes to polls again, and also ruled out contesting the coming Lok Sabha elections.
Dikshit lost her New Delhi seat to AAP’s Arvind Kejriwal by over 25,000 votes in the recent Delhi Assembly elections.
On the Congress’s decision to support the AAP government, Dikshit said she was consulted, but the support was not unconditional.
“Our support to the government was not unconditional as they keep saying,” she said. “He made big promises, we thought let’s see if can fulfil them. The support was only for the good of the people.
She criticised the Kejriwal government for giving up its responsibility. “No one asked them to resign. They took this decision on their own,” she said. Stating that the 48 days of the AAP government was focussed on talk and dharnas, she said, “They weren’t functioning as a government.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review