After the Congress fielded Capt Amarinder Singh from Amritsar seat, BJP candidate Arun Jaitley on Saturday said he would not contest from two parliamentary constituencies as he was dedicated to the holy city only.”The question doesn’t arise to contest election from one more constituency along with Amritsar,” said Jaitley after inaugurating his election office here for the April 30 Lok Sabha election.
Congress has fielded senior leader Singh against Jaitley from Amritsar Lok Sabha seat for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls. When asked about future role of senior BJP leader L K Advani in the party, he said Advani’s blessings would always remain with the entire BJP leadership.
On his rival, former Punjab Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh, Jaitley said the Congress was a sinking ship as the party had never bothered to work for the development of the Amritsar city.
He said it was sitting MP Navjot Singh Sidhu who always raised several issues concerning Amritsar in the Parliament but Congress-led UPA government always ignored the city. He also took a dig at Congress saying the party had ruled for several decades in the country, but had failed to work towards its development.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More