Asking party workers not to be disheartened by the Lok Sabha debacle, Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Friday said she will lead from the front for the party’s revival.
Sonia, who is on her first visit to her parliamentary constituency here after her victory in the just concldued elections, said the Congress will not stop till it regains its glory by adhering to its basic principles. Congress could bag only 44 seats in the elections.
“We will have to win over the confidence of the people in the areas where the party has lost and I will lead from the front in this task .. we will not stop till we have not regained the glory of the party”, she said addressing Congress workers at the Firoz Gandhi degree college here.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Sonia said she was saddened that Congressmen all over the country worked hard for the victory of the party but it managed only less number of seats.
“There would definitely have been some reasons. Some things have come before us and I am looking into them and would also take steps to redress them,” she added.
The Congress chief asked her partymen to work with renewed vigour.
“We will have to work with renewed vigour .. wherever the Congressmen are whether in the vidhan sabhas, nagar nigams, nagar palikas or nagar panchayat they will have to raise the issues concerning the people.. the path is difficult but we will have to tread on it through hard work .. we have faith that we will achieve our goal”, she said.