Asking party workers not to be disheartened by the Lok Sabha debacle, Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Friday said she will lead from the front for the party’s revival.
Sonia, who is on her first visit to her parliamentary constituency here after her victory in the just concldued elections, said the Congress will not stop till it regains its glory by adhering to its basic principles. Congress could bag only 44 seats in the elections.
“We will have to win over the confidence of the people in the areas where the party has lost and I will lead from the front in this task .. we will not stop till we have not regained the glory of the party”, she said addressing Congress workers at the Firoz Gandhi degree college here.
Sonia said she was saddened that Congressmen all over the country worked hard for the victory of the party but it managed only less number of seats.
“There would definitely have been some reasons. Some things have come before us and I am looking into them and would also take steps to redress them,” she added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Congress chief asked her partymen to work with renewed vigour.
“We will have to work with renewed vigour .. wherever the Congressmen are whether in the vidhan sabhas, nagar nigams, nagar palikas or nagar panchayat they will have to raise the issues concerning the people.. the path is difficult but we will have to tread on it through hard work .. we have faith that we will achieve our goal”, she said.