Congress leader Amarinder Singh today asked whether his BJP rival Arun Jaitley will give up his “lucrative” legal practise in the Supreme Court, for which he is required to be in Delhi, to serve the city if elected.
“As far as I know, you (Jaitley) charge Rs 15 lakh per appearance. So people of Amritsar would like to know from you that in case you get elected from here will you shift your base to this place and give up such a lucrative business in Delhi,” he asked.
The Congress leader also asked Jaitley to stop “cribbing and complaining” about everything and spell out his agenda for the holy city.
“So far the only thing Jaitley has done is continuous cribbing and complaining that I did this and I did that and particularly that I am not talking nicely to him,” Singh said in a statement here.
“Ideally, a leader of Jaitley’s stature should not take such things to heart and feel demoralised. In real time politics you are always confronted with such harsh realities which you do not encounter while making backdoor entries into the legislature”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The former Punjab chief minister said that the BJP leader should come out with his “vision and agenda” for the people of Amritsar as it happens to be the main city of Punjab and one of the important cities in the country.
“And I am sure that it will generate a healthy debate which you have been desperately missing and complaining about all these days,” he said, adding, “otherwise so far you have been in denial mode only by denying everything what I say”.