Call it an attempt to confuse voters or sheer coincidence, but scores of candidates in fray in several Lok Sabha seats share common names or surnames.
In Vadodara, Independent candidate Narendra Babulal Modi has joined the fray against BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
The ‘Delhi West’ seat in the national capital, where polling was held on April 10, saw three Jarnail Singhs in the race — one of Aam Aadmi Party and two Independents.
In Bihar’s Banka seat, the CPI and BSP candidates share the same name — Sanjay Kumar.
In Uttar Pradesh, which has a maximum of 80 LS seats among all states, BJP’s Hema Malini has a namesake – an Independent candidate – in the contest in Mathura.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Three K Sudhakarans are in the fray — one from Congress and two Independents — in the Kannur seat in Kerala. In Punjab’s Bhatinda seat, Congress’s Manpreet Singh has a namesake who is contesting as an Independent.
In other seats, there are candidates sharing first names or surnames.
Kuldeep Bishnoi of Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) is contesting against seven Kuldeeps in Haryana’s Hisar constituency.
In the Bhiwani-Mahendragarh seat of the state, two Satpals are contesting as Independents.
In Bihar’s Samastipur, the BSP candidate is Ram Chandar Ram while the Lok Janshakti Party’s (LJP) nominee is Ram Chandra Paswan.
In the Karakat Lok Sabha seat, two Independents Bhairaw Dayal Singh and Ram Dayal Singh are slugging it out at the hustings.
In Gujarat’s Bardoli, CPI has fielded one Ravaliben Shankarbhai Chaudhari as its candidate while the nominee for a party ‘Hindusthan Nirman Dal’ from the same seat is Reniyabhai Shankarbhai Chaudhari.
In Karnataka’s Kolar, the BJP candidate is E N Narayanaswamy while there are three Independents -Narayanaswamy M, S Narayanaswamy and H N Narayanswamy.
In Kerala, the Kasargod seat has three Karunakarans – P Karunakaran of CPI-M and two Independents Karunakaran K and Karunakaran P.
In the Wayanad parliamentary seat, the CPI candidate is Sathyan Mokeri while two Independent candidates are named Sathyan T and Sathyan P.
In Kozhikode, the CPI (M) candidate is A Vijayaraghavan while there are two Independents — M Vijayaraghavan and K Vijayaraghavan.
In the Ponnai Lok Sabha seat, there are two Abdurahmans and two Abdurahimans while in Alathur, three Bijus are contesting as Independents.
Madhya Pradesh also has such candidates. In the Damoh Parliamentary seat there are three Prahlads.
In Khandwa, there are two Independents by the name Nandlal Singh Chouhan.
In Maharashtra’s Jalgaon, Congress’ Satish Bhaskarrao Patil’s name bears resemblance to three Independent candidates named Satish Bhaskar Patil.
In the Maval LS seat near Pune, there are three Laxmans and two Shrirang Barnes.
In Rajasthan, BJP’s Ajmer candidate Sanwar Lal Jat has a namesake in NCP’s Sanwar Lal.
Tamil Nadu’s Tiruvannamalai seat has two Arumugams and two Annadurais. In nearby Viluppuram, there are two Umasankars while Salem has two Pannerselvams in the fray.
In the Karur Parliamentary seat, three Chinnasamys are in the fray.
In Tiruchirappalli, the DMDK candidate is AMG Vijaykumar while Independent P Vijayakumar is too trying his luck.
In Sivaganga, where Congress leader P Chidambaram’s son Karti is the Congress candidate, two Rajas are in the fray – Raja A of BJP and Independent Raja H.
In Jharkhand’s Dumka, Trinamool Congress’ Babu Lal Soren is up against former Chief Minister Babulal Marandi of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik).
In Mainpuri, where SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav is in the contest, two Independent candidates have same names- Mukesh Kumar and Mukesh Kumar Shakya. In nearby Etah, BJP’s Rajvir Singh has Independent Rajveer Singh pitted against him.
In Idukki seat, two Independents are Joice George while the third is Joyce George.