Amidst stray violence in which 13 people were injured, over 67 per cent of the electorate on Monday voted in West Bengal till 3:00 pm in 17 Lok Sabha constituencies in the fifth and final phase of the polls.
“An estimated 67.34 per cent of the total 2,55,75,744 voters cast their votes till 3:00 pm,” Election Commission sources said. Thirteen persons were injured in a clash between CPI(M) and Trinamool Congress supporters at Haroa in North 24 Parganas district under Minakha assembly segment of Basirhat Lok Sabha constituency.
Supporters of the rival parties pelted stones and used lathis in the clash which took place near two polling booths at Brahmanchak area of Haroa, police sources said. The CPIM alleged that TMC workers fired injuring four persons. District Superintendent of Police Tanmoy Roychowdhury, however, said there was no firing and 13 persons were detained.
State Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Gupta said voting was so far peaceful except some stray incidents. “We have not yet received report of any major incident on disruption of law and order or complaint of booth jamming or violation of the Model Code of conduct,” he said.
Two bombs were allegedly thrown by unidentified persons at the car of former Kolkata deputy mayor Mina Devi at Bowbazar in Kolkata when she was crossing the area. None was injured.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews