A book by the Prime Minister’s former media adviser provided ammunition to BJP to attack Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul with the party saying they “deliberately compromised the dignity of PMO”.
“PM’s former media advisor Sanjay Baru’s book says if Manmohan Singh wanted to do some good work, there was pressure on him to give credit for it to Rahul Gandhi. Congress people must react on this,” BJP chief media coordinator Ravishankar Prasad said at a press conference in Ahmedabad on Saturday.
The book also validates BJP’s long-held charge that the Gandhis had lowered the dignity of Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), he maintained.
“The mother-son duo (Sonia & Rahul) deliberately compromised the dignity of the office of Prime Minister so they could rule without being held accountable,” he alleged.
The book, ‘The Accidental Prime Minister’, says Singh had been “defanged” by Congress in his second term with Gandhi deciding on key appointments to the Cabinet and to the PMO.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The PM, Baru says, seemed to “surrender” to her and to the UPA constituents.
Prasad used the book’s title to take potshots at Congress and Singh.
“We will not give an accidental Prime Minister to this country. Narendra Modi will work more like a leader of India. He will work as a representative of 1.25 billion people of the country. A country’s Prime Minister must be the leader of its people,” Prasad said.