Narendra Modi on Sunday appeared to be targeting Rahul Gandhi after the Congress leader, in his recent election rallies, spoke about the sacrifices made by his family, saying such remarks have little utility in today’s India and what is more important is to dedicate ourselves to nation’s interest.
“…And today the language such as I will sacrifice myself, I will die has little utility. What is important today is to dedicate ourselves for the interest of 125 crore countrymen,” the BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate said.
He said before India attained Independence, people had the privilege of sacrificing their lives for the country during the freedom struggle.
“Several of us were born after independence. We did not get the privilege to die for the sake of the freedom of the country, but we have been honoured to live for India,” he said while speaking at the Yoga Mahotsava organised by yoga guru Ramdev.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“My grandmother was killed. My father was killed. Perhaps I would also be killed one day. But I do not care,” he had said.
Modi also supported Ramdev’s campaign against black money which he claimed was giving “sleepless nights” to some people in power.
The Gujarat Chief Minister said if there was no “fire of truth” within Ramdev, then he would have run away long back and not fought the “empire”.
“He has a fire within himself as to why bad things are happening in the country, why there is black money, why this corruption, why this bad governance?” Modi said during a Yoga Mahotsav organised at the Ramlila grounds here.
“There is a pain behind all this as well. His issues are such which are liked by people like me. But there are many people whose sleep vanishes when he rakes up certain issues. So they get behind him,” he remarked.
His remarks came close on the heels of Ramdev being upset with the BJP leadership over denial of tickets to some of his associates.
Accusing the government of lack of farsightedness to promote yoga, Modi said Ramdev has revolutionised yoga and made it a people’s movement.
“If the Indian government had farsightedness…its policies were such…then through yoga we could have won the world over. Yoga is such a subject which can attract anyone.
It could have been a great medium to reach out to the world,” Modi said, adding in the coming times he would promote yoga.
He complimented Ramdev for organising the event in which technology was utilised in a big way. The programme was transmitted to 600 districts simultaneously.
Modi also felicitated the relatives of martyrs Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru and Chandrasekhar Azad.