Kejriwal said he wanted to meet Modi as the Gujarat Chief minister had not replied to his letter on gas price issue. “Was I a terrorist that police stopped me that also at a distance of 5 km from the residence of Narendra Modi? I along with three persons wanted to meet the CM but we were stopped.
“I agree that he would be preoccupied but this was not the way to avoid a meeting. Even if he had no time for meeting us, he should have shown courtesy to call me, a former chief minister, to his office to convey that he is not able to meet,” he said.
He said that a government’s top priority should be providing security, followed by ensuring timely delivery of justice and corruption-free governance.
“During my visit to Gujarat, three attacks on us took place. If such incident can happen with a former chief minister then what can we expect for the people of Gujarat?”, said Kejriwal.
On claims about Gujarat’s progress, he said, “the condition of schools and hospitals and health centres is the worst. I visited a primary health centre which was like a garbage dumping ground. Raising the Narmada dam issue, he claimed the height was raised in 2005 but it did not served its purpose.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Walls of the dam have cracks which itself speaks of corruption. Farmers allege that their lands were grabbed and handed over to industrialists without any compensation,” Kejriwal said, while expressing surprise on Modi being presented as an icon of development.
He alleged that Modi government has failed to provide good governance and security to people. Kejriwal highlighted that there was a need to clean the politics and the system which cannot be done without active participation of the ‘aam admi’ (common man).
“There is dirty politics everywhere. There is no lack of resources or money in the country but lack of willpower. All the problems can be solved with a strong will power. Aam Admi does not need big projects, he wants that his genuine problem be resolved,” he said. The AAP leader flew in from Gujarat and addressed a seminar organised by ‘Rajasthan Patrika’. He skipped a scheduled press conference before leaving the venue.
He said there would be fractured mandate in the upcomingLok Sabha elections.”There will be fractured mandate in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. These elections are going to be like ‘samudra manthan’ and the new government would be able to function for one or one-and-a-half years,” he said responding to a question during the session. Continuing his tirade against Congress and BJP, he said, “It is not Manmohan Singh or Rahul Gandhi or Sonia Gandhi who is running the nation. It is Mukesh Ambani and people like him who are actually ruling.”
“We are not fighting with BJP or Congress, we are fighting against corruption and communalism and all these parties are their manifestation. As far as Modi is concerned, there is no wave of Modi but a wave of pain and anger against Modi in his own state.”, said Kejriwal.