West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan on Friday demitted office and left for Chennai along with his wife Padmini.
Narayanan was given a guard of honour by the Kolkata Police’s Mounted Police Division.
Many people gathered outside the Raj Bhavan gates as he talked to the staff who gave an emotional send-off to him.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Narayanan had taken over as West Bengal’s 24th Governor on January 24, 2010.
The resignation of Narayanan as West Bengal Governor was accepted by President Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday and Bihar Governor D Y Patil was asked to hold additional charge of the post as interim arrangement.
Narayanan resigned on June 30, becoming the fourth Governor appointed during UPA rule to put in his papers after the NDA government prodded some of those Governors to quit.
Eighty-year-old Narayanan was recently questioned by CBI as a “witness” in the AgustaWestland VVIP helicopter deal probe.
Besides Narayanan, Nagaland Governor Ashwani Kumar, Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi and Chhattisgarh Governor Shekhar Dutt have put in their papers since the new government took over at the Centre.