Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday claimed the wave is in favor of a non-Congress and non-BJP government at the Centre in which Samajwadi Party will play a major role.
“There is no possibility of BJP forming the next government in the country… the public mood appears in favor of a non-Congress and non-BJP formation in which, obviously, Samajwadi Party will have a major role to play,” Yadav said.
He was addressing at a rally in Sahson, 40 kms from Allahabad, campaigning for former MP Dharamraj Singh Patel from Phulpur Lok Sabha constituency.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Lashing out at the BJP, Yadav said “the party’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is spending his time, energy and resources in a false propaganda aiming at creating the illusion of groundswell of support.
“The people of Uttar Pradesh have, however, seen through his design and the SP is only getting better with every consecutive phase of the ongoing Lok Sabha polls”.
The Chief Minister also came down heavily on the Congress, saying “the party headed a coalition which left people exasperated on account of a decade-long misrule during which unemployment and price rise sky-rocketed. This has led to a strong anti-incumbency wave and caused a perception that BJP is on the upswing though the fact is, it is not”.
Yadav claimed people have enjoyed the benefits of schemes like free laptops to students under his SP government rule.
“They are voting for us in large numbers and ensure that we play a significant role in the installation of the next government at the Centre,” he added.