Soon after Narendra Modi is sworn in as the new Prime Minister, President Pranab Mukherjee will host a “private banquet” for around 100 guests, including Modi’s new council of ministers and visiting heads of SAARC countries, at Rashtrapati Bhawan on Monday evening.
Officials said the banquet will be the first time the President is hosting a dinner for an incoming government. The menu is still being fine-tuned but the President’s Secretariat is learnt to have proposed inclusion of delicacies from the SAARC countries.
Meanwhile, a water-proof giant shamiana is being put up at the Rashtrapati Bhawan forecourt for the swearing-in ceremony, which is expected to be attended by about 4,000 guests. The swelling guest list makes this the biggest ever swearing-in ceremony held at the Rashtrapati Bhawan.
The theme set by the mega event managers is “simplicity with eloquence”. Since the swearing-in is scheduled for 6 pm, the Rashtrapati Bhawan will be lit by approximately 1,000 bulbs.
In a break from tradition, the President’s Secretariat is inviting all the ambassadors and high commissioners. After the swearing-in, which is expected to end by 8 pm, the guests for the banquet will be ushered inside.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016